This email went to all 91 MPs who signed Early Day Motion (EDM) 1604 asking for a Royal Commission on Policing.
This is to congratulate you on signing EDM 1604 on a Royal Commission on Policing!
THANK YOU for taking a stand on behalf of far more victims than anybody would like to believe there are!
Will you now make sure that the investigation into the IPCC that Keith Vaz MP announced will indeed take place?
Will you also please take note of the Australian precedence of 1996: Royal Commission into New South Wales Police? There, the findings were compiled into reports on corruption, reform and paedophilia.
Furthermore, the ABOLISH THE IPCC (Independent Police Complaints Commission) demo on Mayday this year made it clear:
1. There are not only oodles of victims of injustice but also systematic cover-ups of ‘accidents’.
2. The IPCC has NOT done its duties when it should have done.
3. As The Guardian published in April 2011: Justice is impossible, if we cannot trust police forces to tell the truth – From Blair Peach to Ian Tomlinson, there is only one remedy for police officers found to have made false statements: sack them.
As web publisher for victims of white collar crimes, I have come across the most horrendous stories about various police forces, in particular:
- Hillingdon Police who failed Michael Doherty, the organiser of the Mayday demo that, most fortuitously, resulted in Keith Vaz MP announcing promptly an investigation into the IPCC
- Leicestershire Police who failed the Portuguese police in the McCann case as documented by the Portuguese investigator
- South Wales Police who have harassed Maurice J Kirk BVSc for over 20 years
- Haringey Police who were instrumental in taking six Nigerian children without legal justifications but contributed to cover up the original ‘mistake’ – as demonstrated by the whistleblower statement published by The Telegraph and featuring on the website.
Victims Unite has had more than 118,000 visitors since August 2010. One drama leads to another and there is nobody to turn to, as institutions such as the IPCC turn out to be useless.
To read more about people’s frustrations and criticisms, please click on our online petitions and remarkable comments.
Will you help to ensure that people get fair trials, justice and compensation, where it is due?
With many thanks in advance,
Sabine K McNeill
… mathematician, system analyst, event organiser and web publisher